All units in Apex Predator have one of three movement speeds: fast, normal, and slow. Units are normal speed by default, so if you don't see a fast or slow attribute on a card, then it is normal speed.
- Fast: Unit may do one of the following:
- Move two spaces, then engage once
- Move one space without engaging
- Normal: Unit may move one space, then engage once
- Slow: Unit may move one space, then engage twice
Increased and reduced speed Edit
Some cards may increase or reduce the speed of other cards. For example, the Rapid Excavation upgrade (Beetles) increases the speed of all Diggers, while the Fatigue upgrade (Virus) reduces the speed of all carrier units.
If a card has its movement speed increased or decreased, refer to the list above to determine how it should move. For example, if a normal card has its movement speed reduced, it follows the same mechanics as slow cards.
If a card has its movement speed affected multiple times, these effects may be combined or cancelled out. For example, if a normal card has its movement speed increased once and decreased twice, the net result is that its speed is decreased once, making it a slow card.
If a card has its movement speed reduced below slow, it may move one space, then must engage three times. This is referred to as "very slow". The only card that can completely prevent movement is the Ctenosaur (Lizard).
It is not possible for a card to have its speed increased above fast.
- Fast: Flyers (Beetles) and Mosquitoes (Virus)
- Normal: All units and siege weapons which are neither fast nor slow
- Slow: Diggers (Beetles), Ballistae and Onagers (Rats), Ctenosaurs (Lizards)